What Are Dental Implants?
An implant is a synthetic tooth root, usually made of titanium, in the shape of a post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. A replacement tooth cap is then fixed to the post and can be non-removable or attached as removable. This gives the patient restored function and appearance of the missing tooth. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth (using a crown), multiple teeth (using an implant-secured bridge), or a full arch of teeth (using implant-supported dentures.)
At 30A Smiles, we able to perform an entire implant procedure within our Inlet Beach office. While other dental offices will have to outsource parts of the procedure, we are able to complete it all in-house. This way we are able to save the patient a significant amount of time, cost, and headaches.
Each of our dentist’s are also highly experienced in cosmetic dentistry, meaning they have the experience and expertise needed to produce beautiful dental implants that look and function like real teeth. Come visit us at our outstanding office at 30Avenue to get an examination and discuss your dental implant options with our dentists.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Our fantastic dentists are experts in cosmetic dentistry which results in beautiful implant restorations for our patients. Our patients dental implants will not only function like real teeth, but will also look natural and beautiful, restoring their overall appearance.
A Fixed Replacement
Dental implants are a fixed solution for missing teeth so you don’t have to worry about getting replacements. Because of their longevity, our dentists take their time and use a CT scanner and surgical guide to ensure they determine the best placement for the implant.
When a patient is missing teeth, many things are affected like their bite force, facial features, and speaking capabilities. Dental implants can restore functionality in these areas by filling the missing teeth in with artificial teeth that operate and feel like real teeth.
The Dental Implant Process
At 30A Smiles we are able to complete the entire implant procedure, from step 1 to step 5, all within our beautiful office. Other dental offices typically have to outsource portions of the procedure making the timeline become longer and increase the overall cost. Our doctors have become certified and trained, while our office has invested in the equipment and technology needed so we don’t have to outsource. This way, our patients receive the best experience possible at a reasonable cost and in a timely manner.
Tooth Replacement Options
- Can last forever
- Mimics natural teeth
- Most cost-effective option for missing teeth
- You can replace as many teeth as you need to
- Restoration (crown or bridge) on top can wear out
- Not a viable option for individuals with gum disease
- Initial investment costs more than other options
- Doesn’t require surgery
- More affordable option
- More secure than traditional dentures
- Look and feel like real teeth
- Requires alteration to neighboring teeth
- Don’t address bone loss
- Not as long-lasting as implants
- Relatively affordable
- Shorter timeline for receiving them
- Allow for a healing period following tooth removal
- Doesn’t require invasive or surgical treatment
- Requires dental adhesive which is messy and unreliable
- Must be removed during sleeping
- Requires replacement every 3-6 years
- Don’t appear as natural as implants
- They can be lost or broken
- Eating and speaking is difficult
Not Replacing the Tooth
- Initially, costs nothing
- Greater risk for gum disease and infections
- Permanent bone loss in jaw
- Your remaining teeth will shift out of place
- Difficulty biting, chewing, and speaking
- Develop poor self-confidence
- Can lead to more oral challenges
- Fixing them later, or receiving treatments for other issues that have resulted because of the missing teeth, will be much more expensive and potentially not possible
Investing in Dental Implants
How much does a new tooth implant take? While dental implants are initially the most expensive up-front, they are the most cost-effective option long-term. It is important to look at dental implants as an investment, as they are a long-lasting solution, whereas other options for missing teeth are just a short-term fix. Other options will be cheaper up front, but they end up costing patients more down the road due to repairs or replacements.
Come visit our office at Inlet Beach to speak with our awesome dentists about your payment options. We are friendly, understanding, and seek to make the best decision for each individual patient and their needs.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentistry?
- Healthy gums
- Committed to your dental health
- Don’t have a habit of grinding or clenching your teeth
- You don’t drink alcohol excessively or smoke
Some patients may need additional preparation to become a candidate for implants. If a patient doesn’t have enough bone to support the implants, our fantastic doctors at 30A Smiles can perform bone grafts and sinus lifts. This way, more people can enjoy the benefits of denture implants that couldn’t otherwise.
New Patient Online Offer
What Makes Us Different
Clean & Inviting Office
Our unique office space reflects the quality and attention we deliver in our dental care. It is important to us that each patient in our office feels comfortable
We have invested in excellent technology and staff members that allow us to provide our patients with premium care that is attentive to their needs.
Attention to Detail
We take our time with each patient, ensuring we are listening to their concerns, providing a thorough exam or procedure, and maintaining a comfortable environment for everyone.
Memberships and Awards
What Our Patients are Saying
The dentists and team at 30A Smiles in Inlet Beach, Florida, truly provide “Fine Dentistry for All Ages.” This includes superb cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign clear braces, family dentistry, and so much more to their patients. They even offer dental sedation for patients that need it. Located in 30 Avenue, they serve patients from Destin to Panama City Beach, FL, including from the communities of Santa Rosa Beach, Miramar Beach, Inlet Beach and zip codes 32407, 32413, 32459, 32461, and 32550.