I grew up and spent most of my youth in Indiana. After graduating from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1995, I served five years in the United Sates Navy Dental Corps, both overseas and in the U.S., including a tour at the United Sates Naval Academy. I found my bride Kim in 1999; we married right here on the beach in Seaside in May 2000 and made our permanent home in the 30A community.
There were not enough permanent residents in the 30A area at that time to support another dentist, so I took over an existing dental practice from a retiring dentist in Panama City. My practice in Panama City has been very rewarding for the past 15 years, but it is a dream come true to open my new office so close to our home, our daughters’ schools, and our community.
I love my job. I love meeting and talking to people. I love the privilege of being able to improve each persons’s smile, which often helps him or her regain tremendous self-confidence. I enjoy the blend of the art and science that dentistry has to offer. However, the biggest reward of my career are the relationships forged with patients over the years. That is a true treasure!
When I’m not in the office, you can most likely find me hanging out with my wonderful wife Kim, our two beautiful little girls Gabriella Grace and Zoe Katherine, and our yellow Labrador retriever Max. We love strolling on the beach, kayaking in the lake, doing most anything outside, and attending many community events and concerts. On Sundays, you may often find us at A Simple Faith Church or Point Washington United Methodist Church.
I do have a few hobbies as well. Prior to having my two beautiful girls, I indulged in hunting and fishing, kayaking, hiking, scuba diving, European travel, fine dining, jogging, soccer, tennis, hockey, and watching college football and IU basketball. Now I “enjoy” sleeping, playing princess dress-up, and attending ballet and gymnastics classes! Seriously, though, I love my two little girls so much; they are what keep me going!
When I met Dr. Hoppe, we found that we share passions in dentistry, values, visions, and philosophies. We also complement each other in much of our professional experience and what we like to do. The place, partner, and time were perfect, and so, with the help of my wife Kim, 30A Smiles is the result.
We are delighted about our partnership and our new state-of-the-art office conveniently located in 30Avenue. Dr. Hoppe and I would be elated and honored to have the opportunity to provide dental excellence and personalized service and attention to you and your family. We hope to have you as part of our 30A Smiles family.
- Indiana University – Bachelor of Science in biology, 1991
- Indiana University School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery, 1995
Awards and Honors
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Master of the Implant Prosthetic Section of the ICOI
Local Community Recognition
- Voted “Best Dentist in Bay County” 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 from The News Herald’s Readers Choice “Best of Bay” Awards.
- Voted “Best Dentist” in the Panama City area in 2008 in Panama City Living Magazine
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Bay County Dental Society